Crankshaft Main Bearing Journal-Clearance
NOTE: Crankshaft main bearing journals must be within specifications before checking journal clearance.
- Remove the crankshaft main bearing caps and crankshaft main bearing.
- Lay a piece of Plastigage across the face of each crankshaft main bearing surface.
- NOTE: Do not turn the crankshaft while carrying out this procedure.
Install and remove the crankshaft main bearing cap.
- Verify the crankshaft journal clearance.
- If it is out of specification, install new components as necessary.