Cast Iron Porosity Defects
- CAUTION: Do not attempt to repair cracks.
CAUTION: Do not attempt to repair areas where temperature will exceed 260°C (500°F) .
- Repair porosity defects with an epoxy sealer meeting Ford manufacturing specification M3D35-A.
- Clean the surface to be repaired to a bright, oil- free metal surface.
- Chamfer or undercut the repair area to a greater depth than the rest of the cleaned surface. Solid metal must surround the area to be repaired.
- Apply the epoxy sealer and heat-cure with a 250 watt lamp placed 254 mm (10 inch) from the repaired surface or air dry for 10-12 hours at a temperature above 10°C (50°F) .
- Sand or grind the repaired area to blend with the general contour of the surface.
- Paint the surface to match the rest of the cylinder block