QT: Step 1: PCM QUICK TEST
QT1 PERFORM PCM QUICK TEST
Note: If the vehicle was brought in with an emission compliance failure symptom, please refer to: Pinpoint Test EM See: Pinpoint Tests\Tests EM: Emissions Compliance
- Complete preliminary checks looking for obvious concerns that may relate to the symptom. Check items such as those listed:
- Related electrical connectors or fuses
- Vacuum lines (leaks, routing )
- Air intake system (leaks, restrictions)
- Fuel quality (octane, contamination winter/summer blend)
- Cooling system (engine operating at proper temperature)
- Access any related OASIS or TSB information (if available).
- Complete PCM Quick Test to access any DTCs. Note any Key On Engine Off, Key On Engine Running (if engine runs) and Continuous Memory (MIL and non-MIL) DTCs.
Note: If unable to access DTCs, or any scan tool communication concern exist, refer to Pinpoint Test QA See: Pinpoint Tests for additional information on retrieving MIL and non-MIL DTCs, refer to Diagnostic Methods See: Scan Tool Testing and Procedures\Diagnostic Methods Overview (Continuous Memory Self-Test).
Were any DTC present?
QT2 ENGINE RUNS ROUGH AT IDLE WITH KEY ON ENGINE RUNNING OR CONTINUOUS MEMORY DTC(S): CHECK INJECTOR FAULT (INJxF) PID(S)
Note: An injector circuit could result in unrelated DTC(s) being received from the PCM.
- Key on, engine off.
- Access the INJxF PIDs (the "x" indicates the injector number). There will be one INJxF PID for each engine cylinder.
Does any of the INJxF PIDs indicate "Yes"?