CAUTION: Do not install new parts based on a Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) ; carry out pinpoint tests first to avoid replacing unnecessary parts and reduce costs.
Some special considerations for Key On, Engine Off (KOEO) Quick Test include the following:
- The KOEO Quick Test provides DTCs present at the time of testing.
- Always diagnose DTCs before any repair or replacement of components or circuits. Carry out visual inspection and vehicle preparation as required; refer to Quick Test 1.0 for visual inspection and Quick Test 2.0 for vehicle and scan tool set up.
- Select VEHICLE AND ENGINE SELECTION menu.
- Select year, engine, or model with the appropriate qualifier if needed.
- Select DIAGNOSTIC DATA LINK menu.
- Select DIAGNOSTIC TEST MODE menu.
- Select KOEO ON-DEMAND SELF-TEST.
- Follow operating instructions from the scan tool menu screen.
- Record all DTCs displayed.
- Diagnose non-transmission DTCs first because they can directly affect the operation of the transmission. Road test the vehicle and repeat Quick Test 3.0 to verify the results.