Continuous DTCs are concerns which were detected during normal vehicle operation. These DTCs are retained for 40 warm-up cycles.
Some special considerations for KOEO Quick Test include the following:
- The cause of some continuous DTCs may have been eliminated if KOEO and/or Key On, Engine Running (KOER) DTCs were repaired. Always retest and repair any DTCs that still remain.
- If DTCs are present, go to Diagnostic Trouble Code Description Chart for repair information. Erase the DTC, carry out the Transmission Drive Cycle Test, and repeat all Quick Test procedures after completing repairs on the DTCs.
- If the continuous memory DTCs test passes and a concern is still present, refer to Diagnosis by Symptom and Technical Service Bulletins (TSBs) for the concern diagnosis. To carry out continuous DTCs test:
- Select VEHICLE AND ENGINE SELECTION menu.
- Select year, engine, or model with the appropriate qualifier if needed (for example, transmission or 49 state or California).
- Select DIAGNOSTIC DATA LINK menu.
- Select DIAGNOSTIC TEST MODES menu.
- Select RETRIEVE/CLEAR CONTINUOUS DTCs menu.
- Follow operating instructions from the scan tool menu screen.
- Record all DTCs, displayed.
- Carry out Transmission Drive Cycle Test.
- Rerun Continuous Memory Codes Test. If DTCs have returned, repair as required. Road test and rerun all Continuous Memory Codes Test procedures.