This test provides "hard" DTCs only.
- Follow the menu screen instructions as they appear.
- If a DTC appears after Quick Test 5.0 - Key On, Engine Running (KOER) Test, a malfunction is present; refer to the Diagnostic Trouble Code Description Chart. Carry out a visual inspection and vehicle preparation as required.
- Select VEHICLE AND ENGINE SELECTION menu.
- Select year, engine, or model with the appropriate qualifier if needed (for example, transmission or 49 state or California).
- Select DIAGNOSTIC DATA LINK menu.
- Select DIAGNOSTIC TEST MODE menu.
- Select KOER ON-DEMAND SELF-TEST.
- Follow the operating instructions from the scan tool menu screen (example: turn key on, etc.). Carry out brake on/off and cycle the transmission control switch (TCS) on and off, if equipped.
- Record all DTCs displayed.
- Repair all non-transmission DTCs first because they can directly affect the operation of the transmission. Road test the vehicle and repeat the Quick Test 5.0 to verify the repair.