Special Test Modes - PCM Reset Mode
The PCM Reset Mode permits the diagnostic tool to command the PCM to clear all DTCs. When resetting the PCM, DTC P1000 will be set in the PCNI until all OBD 11 system or components have been monitored during OBD II Drive Cycle.
A PCM reset:
- Clears the DTCs.
- Clears the freeze frame data.
- Clears the oxygen sensor test data.
- Resets the status of the OBD 11 system monitors.
- Sets the DTCP1000.
Carry out a visual inspection and vehicle preparation as required.
- Select VEHICLE AND ENGINE SELECTION menu.
- Select year, engine, or model with the appropriate qualifier if needed (i.e., transmission, 49 state or California).
- Select GENERIC OBD II FUNCTIONS menu.
- Select CLEARING DIAGNOSTIC CODES.
- Follow operating instructions from the diagnostic tool menu screen.