CAUTION: To prevent refrigerant system contamination and possible failure of the new A/C compressor, carry out the following procedures.
- Remove and discard the A/C evaporator core orifice.
NOTE: A dirty A/C evaporator core orifice or a condenser to evaporator tube containing black refrigerant oil and particles indicates that the A/C compressor has failed and a new A/C compressor must be installed.
- Remove the A/C compressor.
- Drain the residual refrigerant oil from the A/C compressor and measure the volume for correct system oil matching.
- Remove the suction accumulator/drier.
- Drain the residual refrigerant oil from the suction accumulator/drier and measure the volume for correct oil system matching.
NOTE: The suction accumulator/drier and A/C evaporator core orifice cannot be cleaned and a new A/C evaporator core orifice must be installed.
- Carry out an A/C system flushing or filtering procedure:
- If A/C system flushing equipment is available, clean the A/C evaporator core and the A/C condenser core by flushing.
- If A/C system flushing equipment is not available, carry out a system filtering procedure.
NOTE: System flushing is the preferred method of cleaning. However, if flushing equipment is not available, carry out system filtering.
- Install a new A/C compressor.
- Install the new suction accumulator/drier.
- Install the new A/C evaporator core orifice.
- Correctly oil match the system.
- Perform the Refrigerant Evacuation and Charging procedures.