- Recover the contaminated refrigerant using suitable recovery-only equipment designed for capturing and storing contaminated refrigerant.
- This equipment must only be used to recover contaminated refrigerant to prevent the spread to other vehicles.
- If this equipment is not available, contact an A/C repair facility in your area with the correct equipment to carry out this repair.
CAUTION: If contaminated refrigerant is detected, DO NOT recover the refrigerant into your recovery/recycling equipment.
- Determine and correct the cause of the customer's initial concern.
- The suction accumulator/drier cannot be cleaned and a new suction accumulator/drier must be installed. Remove the suction accumulator/drier.
NOTE: Residual refrigerant oil in the suction accumulator/drier must be drained and measured for correct oil system matching.
- Clean the A/C evaporator core and the A/C condenser core by flushing.
- Install the new suction accumulator/drier.
- Correctly oil match the system.
- Perform the Refrigerant Evacuation and Charging procedures.
- Dispose of contaminated refrigerant according to all federal, state and local regulations.