- Raise the vehicle until the front tires are off the floor.
- Make sure the wheels are in a straight forward position.
- Spin the tire by hand to check the wheel bearings for roughness.
NOTE : Make sure the wheel rotates freely and that the brake pads are retraced sufficiently to allow free movement of the tire and wheel assembly.
- Grip each front tire at the top and bottom and move the wheel inward and outward while lifting the weight of the tire off the front wheel bearing.
- If the tire and wheel (hub) is loose on the spindle, does not rotate freely, or has a rough feeling when spun, carry out one of the following:
||On vehicles with inner and outer bearings, inspect the bearings and cups for wear or damage. Adjust or install new bearing and cups as necessary.
||On vehicles with one sealed bearing install a new wheel hub.