2007 - 2010 ALTIMA
MIL 'ON' WITH DTC P1421/P050E STORED
APPLIED VEHICLE: 2007-2010 Altima (L32 and CL32) Sedan and Coupe
APPLIED ENGINE: VQ35 (V6) only
IF YOU CONFIRM:
For 2007 - 2009 Altima; DTC P1421 (Cold Start Control) is stored in the ECM
For 2010 Altima; DTC P050E (Cold Start Control) is stored in the ECM.
1. Refer to Step 2 in the Service Procedure to confirm this bulletin applies to the vehicle you are working on.
2. If this bulletin applies, reprogram the ECM.
The purpose of ACTIONS (above) is to give you a quick idea of the work you will be performing. You MUST closely follow the entire SERVICE PROCEDURE as it contains information that is essential to successfully completing this repair.
1. Connect C-III to the vehicle to begin the reprogramming procedure.
2. When you get to the ECM Reprogramming screen shown in Figure 1, confirm this bulletin applies as follows.
A. On your C-III screen, look at the Part Number column (see Figure 1):
If this column is blank (no part number listed), this bulletin does not apply. Close C-III and refer to ASIST for further diagnostic information.
If a Part Number is listed, write it on the Repair Order.
B. Compare the Part Number you wrote down to the numbers in the Current ECM Part Number column in Table A.
If there is a match, this bulletin applies. Continue with the reprogramming procedure.
If there are two lines (two reprogramming options) on your C-III screen, use the one that does not have the message "Caution! Use ONLY with NTBXX-XXX".
If there is not a match, this bulletin does not apply. Close C-III and refer to ASIST for further diagnostic information.
3. If this bulletin applies and you have performed ECM reprogramming, the screen in Figure 2 appears when reprogramming is complete.
If the screen in Figure 2 does not display (reprogramming does not complete).
4. Make sure to erase DTCs from all systems.
During reprogramming, DTCs will set in several systems and must be erased.
5. Test drive the vehicle and make sure it operates correctly and the MIL is OFF.
If the MIL comes ON, go back to ASIST for further diagnostic information.
Diagnosis and repairs beyond ECM reprogramming are not covered by this bulletin.