SELF-DIAGNOSIS CANNOT BE PERFORMED
SYMPTOM: Self-diagnosis cannot be performed.
1.CHECK SELF-DIAGNOSIS FUNCTION
- Press ignition switch ON.
- Set in self-diagnosis mode as follows. Within 10 seconds after starting engine (ignition switch is Pressed ON.), press OFF switch for at least 5 seconds.
- If battery voltage drops below 12 V during diagnosis STEP-3, door motor speed becomes slower and as a result, the system may generate an error even when operation is normal. To avoid this, start engine before performing this diagnosis.
- Former STEP-1 (LEDs are checked) does not exist in this self-diagnosis function.
- OFF switch may not be recognized according to the timing of pressing it. Operate OFF switch after turning the intake switch LEDs (REC) ON. Does self-diagnosis function operate?
YES >> Inspection End.
NO >> GO TO 2
2.PERFORM COMPLETE OPERATIONAL CHECK
Perform a complete operational check and check for any symptoms. Refer to See: Initial Inspection and Diagnostic Overview\Inspection And Adjustment\Description And Conditions\Automatic Air Conditioner.
Can a symptom be duplicated?
YES >> Refer to See: Automatic Air Conditioner System\Symptom Matrix Chart.
NO >> GO TO 3
3.CHECK FOR SERVICE BULLETINS
Check for any service bulletins.
Have any service bulletins been issued?
YES >> Refer to appropriate bulletin.
NO >> GO TO 4
4.CHECK POWER SUPPLY AND GROUND CIRCUIT OF FRONT AIR CONTROL
Check power supply and ground circuit of front air control. Refer to See: Component Tests and General Diagnostics\Power Supply And Ground Circuit\Diagnosis Procedure\Automatic Air Conditioner.
Is the Inspection result normal?
YES >> Replace front air control. Refer to See: Control Module HVAC\Service and Repair.
NO >> Repair or replace malfunctioning part(s).