SIDE AIR BAG (SATELLITE) SENSOR
Removal and Installation
- Before servicing, turn ignition switch OFF, disconnect both battery terminals and wait at least three minutes.
- Do not use air tools or electric tools for servicing.
- Do not use old fixing nuts after removal; replace with new nuts.
- Do not cause impact to the side air bag (satellite) sensor by dropping etc. Replace the side air bag (satellite) sensor if it has been dropped or sustained an impact.
- Replace the satellite sensor of deployed SRS front side air bag and deployed SRS side curtain air bag.
- Disconnect the negative and positive battery terminals, then wait at least three minutes.
- Remove the front seat belt retractor. Refer to See: Seat Belt Systems\Seat Belt\Service and Repair\Removal and Replacement\Front Seat Belt\Removal And Installation.
- Disconnect the side air bag (satellite) sensor harness connector.
- Remove the nuts, then remove side air bag (satellite) sensor.
Installation is in the reverse order of removal.