BODY REPAIR FUNDAMENTALS
WORKING WITH BODY STRAIGHTENING EQUIPMENT
- Use of work clothes should be the same as for "PROTECTORS".
- Wear a safety helmet and safety shoes.
- When working under a vehicle or when using a grinder, wear goggles.
||PRECAUTIONS WHILE WORKING
- To prevent danger in case the clamp slips or the panel breaks, be sure to apply a safety chain. Be careful not to stand near the area where the chain is stretched.
- To prevent danger any excessive slack in the safety chain must be taken up and properly wound.
- Do not wear a working glove on the hand that is hammering.
- Cracked glass must be removed or taped to prevent separation.
- Any cut panels must be protected with cloth or tape.
- The seats and glass must be removed or covered with appropriate material, according to the type of work to be done, to prevent contamination and welding spatter.
- When removing parts, utilize padding (cloth) or protective tape.