The driver's power seat slide travel front to back is rough.
For all 2010 Altimas and 2009 Altimas built from:
1N4(*)L(*)1E(*)9 C 151712/5-Nov-2008
1N4(*)L(*)1E(*)9 N 453274/4-Nov-2008
Install the Power Track Service Kit to resolve the issue. Refer to the Service Procedure.
Do not replace the seat bottom or seat lower assembly for this issue, if it should occur.
For 2007 through 2009 Altimas built to:
1N4(*)L(*)1E(*)9 C 151711/5-Nov-2008
1N4(*)L(*)1E(*)9 N 453273/4-Nov-2008
This bulletin does not apply. Replace the Seat Lower Assembly using standard Nissan Warranty Practices.
The purpose of "ACTIONS" (above) is to give you a quick idea of the work you will be performing. You MUST closely follow the entire Service Procedure as it contains information that is essential to successfully completing this repair.
Follow all cautions, warnings, and notes in the Electronic Service Manual (ESM) when working on or near a Supplemental Restraint System (SRS), such as an air bag.
1. Write down the radio station presets.
2. Slide the driver's seat fully rearward and remove the front two seat-to-body bolts.
3. Tilt the seat back to the upright position and remove the headrest.
4. Slide the seat mid-travel, raise the seat all the way up, and remove the rear seat-to-body bolts.
5. Disconnect both 12V battery cables, negative cable first, and wait at least 3 minutes before proceeding to step 6.
6. Disconnect the seat harnesses from the body harnesses.
7. Remove the seat from the vehicle.
8. Place the seat, back side down, on a clean covered workbench.