2007 - 2009 Altima Sedan (L32), Coupe (CL32)
2007 - 2009 Altima Hybrid (L32HV)
IF YOU CONFIRM
There is a wind noise coming from the LH and RH folding door mirrors when driving at highway speeds.
Insert foam into the gap located on the mirror base.
Apply clear or black silicone sealant with UV protection into the gap located between the mirror housing and mirror base.
Do Not remove or replace the mirror assembly for this incident.
Refer to the Service Procedure in this bulletin for further details.
The purpose of "ACTIONS" (above) is to give you a quick idea of the work you will be performing. You MUST closely follow the entire Service Procedure as it contains information that is essential to successfully completing this repair.
1. Test drive the vehicle to confirm wind noise. If there is no wind noise coming from the door mirrors, this bulletin does not apply.
2. If there is a wind noise:
a. Move the LH door mirror slightly rearward.
b. Apply tape between the lower section of the mirror housing and mirror base as shown in Figure 1.
3. Test drive the vehicle to ensure wind noise is reduced.
If wind noise is reduced, this bulletin applies. Proceed to step 4.
4. Remove the tape used to test the vehicle.
5. Clean the lower part of the mirror housing and mirror base with 3M Adhesion Promoter.
Move the door mirror forward and rearward to clean the gap area.
6. Move the LH door mirror rearward to expose the gap located on the mirror base where silicone sealant will be applied.
Door mirror assembly shown removed for illustrative purposes.
a. Apply clear or black silicone sealant to the edge of a business card or equivalent.
b. Apply silicone sealant to fill the gap located on the mirror base.
c. Carefully wipe away the excess silicone sealant with a clean lightly dampened cloth.
Move the door mirror forward and rearward when cleaning to make sure excess sealant has been removed.
8. Move the LH door mirror forward and insert foam, adhesive end first, into the gap located on the mirror base. See Figure 4.
Clean the surface where the foam will come in contact with the mirror.
Cut the foam to fit, 20 mm x 20 mm (0.70 in x 0.70 in).
Apply Nissan Threebond adhesive to adhesive part of foam before installing.
Make sure foam is not extending beyond the edges of the gap (trim as necessary). See Figure 4.