SIDE GUARD MOLDING
Removal and Installation
Never apply tack-paper adhesive remover to body panel surface finished with lacquer-based paints.
- Original side guard molding is affixed to body panel with double-faced adhesive tape.
- Heat molding to between 30° and 40°C (86° to 104°F) with a heat gun.
- Using a trim stick, gently lift an end of the molding and cut away tape to remove molding.
- Remove all remaining traces of tape and adhesive.
- On vehicles coated with Hard Clear Coat, use double-faced 3M® adhesive tape Product No. 4210 or equivalent, after priming with 3M primer Product No. N200 or C-100 or equivalent.
- The repair parts are also attached with double-faced adhesive tape.
- To re-use existing molding, clean all traces of double sided tape from the molding and apply new double faced tape to the molding.
- Clean the panel surface with isopropyl alcohol or equivalent to degrease the surface.
- Using a heat gun, heat the panel and molding tape surface to 30° to 40°C (86° to 104°F) .
- Remove the backing sheet from the tape surface.
- Press ends by hand and use a roller to apply 5 kg-f (11 lb-f) to press molding to door surface.
For maximum adhesion, allow vehicle to set without washing for 24 hours after installation.