INTERIOR ROOM LAMP CONTROL SYSTEM
When a door is opened, the door switch closes to send a ground signal to the BCM. When the trunk is opened, the trunk lamp switch and trunk release solenoid closes sending a ground signal to the BCM.
ROOM LAMP TIMER OPERATION
When the interior room lamp switch is in DOOR position and when all conditions below are met, BCM begins timer control (maximum 30 seconds) for interior room lamp ON/OFF.
- When the front door LH is unlocked [with Intelligent Key, main power window and door lock/unlock switch, or front door lock assembly (key cylinder switch)].
- When a door opens to closes and the Intelligent Key is not inserted in the key slot. Timer control is cancelled under the following conditions.
- When the front door LH is locked [with Intelligent Key, main power window and door lock/unlock switch, or front door lock assembly (key cylinder switch)].
- A door is opened (door switch turns ON).
- Intelligent Key is inserted into the key slot. Interior lamp operational settings can be changed with the function setting of CONSULT-III.
INTERIOR LAMP BATTERY SAVER CONTROL
If an interior lamp is left ON and does not turn OFF even when the doors are closed, the BCM turns off power to the interior lamps automatically to save the battery 30 minutes after the ignition switch is turned OFF.
The BCM controls the interior lamps listed below
- Step lamp LH and RH
- Front room/map lamp LH and RH
- Room lamp (coupe)
- Personal lamp rear LH and RH (sedan)
- Vanity mirror lamp LH and RH (if equipped)
- Trunk room lamp After the battery saver system turns the lamps OFF, the lamps will illuminate again when
- a signal is received from an Intelligent Key or main power window and door lock/unlock switch, or when the front door LH lock assembly (key cylinder switch) is locked or unlocked
- a door is opened or closed
- the Intelligent Key is removed from or inserted into the key slot. The Interior lamp battery saver control time period can be changed with the function setting of CONSULT-III.