Two different maintenance schedules are provided, and should be used, depending upon the conditions under which the vehicle is mainly operated.
Follow the Severe Service Schedule if your driving habits frequently include one or more of the following driving conditions:
- Repeated short trips of less than 5 miles (8 km).
- Repeated short trips of less than 10 miles (16 km) with outside temperatures remaining below freezing.
- Operating in hot weather in stop-and-go "rush hour" traffic.
- Extensive idling and/or low speed driving for long distances, such as police, taxi or door-to-door delivery use.
- Driving in dusty conditions.
- Driving on rough, muddy, or salt spread roads.
- Towing a trailer, using a camper or a car-top carrier.
Follow the Normal Service Schedule if none of the driving conditions shown in Severe Service apply to your driving habits.
Premium Maintenance is a manufacturer recommended US dealer provided option. In this schedule more maintainance items are regularly checked or replaced than in either the required severe or normal maintainance schedules; however, owners need not perform such maintenance in order to maintain the warranties that come with their vehicle.