Jim Grant's Tech Tips
Recently we did an article describing the electrical shocks an owner
was receiving while exiting their vehicle. Several readers responded with
helpful suggestions. Dave, from New London NH, provided this helpful tip:
A person who has trouble with static electricity can solve the problem
in the following manner. When in the car, take the ignition key and touch
the metal part of the door. This will get rid of the static electricity.
When entering the car, touch the metal door with the key before touching
the car. Make sure you're holding the metal part of the key. I personally
gave this tip a test drive and it worked great. Thanks, Dave.