||Ford does not provide camshaft gear timing marks, or information to perform timing belt service without the special tools shown in this procedure.
Timing Drive Components-Timing Belt Covers
Removal and Installation
- Disconnect the battery ground cable.
- Remove the bolt, the nut and the front support isolator damper.
- Remove the bolts and the upper timing belt cover.
- Loosen the water pump pulley bolts.
- Remove the drive belt.
- Remove the bolts and the water pump pulley.
- Raise and support the vehicle.
- Remove the crankshaft pulley.
- Remove the bolts and the lower timing belt cover.
- Remove the four bolts and the middle timing belt cover.
- To install, reverse the removal procedure.