- Drain the engine coolant to a point below the water thermostat.
- Disconnect the water temperature sensor connector.
- Disconnect the crankshaft position (CKP) sensor connector.
- Disconnect the ignition coil connector.
- Disconnect the upper radiator hose from the thermostat housing.
- Remove the two bolts and nut and the thermostat housing.
- NOTE: Make sure all of the gasket surfaces are free of all gasket material.
To install, reverse the removal procedure.
- Fill the cooling system.
- Start the engine and check all hoses and connections for leaks. Allow the engine to warm up so that the water thermostat opens.
- Stop the engine. Top off the coolant recovery reservoir as necessary to maintain minimum cold fill level.