- Drain the engine coolant.
- Disconnect the heater water hoses from the heater core.
- Disconnect the heater outlet hose from the water hose connection.
- Raise and support the vehicle.
- Remove the screws and the RH engine and transmission splash shield.
- Disconnect the heater hose from the radiator.
- Disconnect the heater hose from the water pipe.
- Remove the bolts and the water pipe.
- To install, reverse the removal procedure.
- Lubricate the coolant hoses with MERPOL(R) meeting Ford specification ESE-M99B144-B or plain water only, if needed.