- If the inspection reveals obvious concerns that can be readily identified, repair as necessary.
- If the concern remains after the inspection, connect the scan tool to the Data Link Connector (DLC) located beneath the instrument panel and select the vehicle to be tested from the scan tool menu. If the scan tool does not communicate with the vehicle:
- check that the program card is correctly installed.
- check the connections to the vehicle.
- check the ignition switch position.
If the scan tool still does not communicate with the vehicle, refer to the scan tool manual.
- Carry out the DATA LINK DIAGNOSTIC TEST using the scan tool. If the scan tool responds with:
- CKT 914 and CKT 915 = All module NO RESP/NOT EQUIP, go to Communication System Diagnostics in Module Communication Network (Information Bus) to diagnose network concern.
- If the Powertrain Control Module (PCM) is not listed for a communication concern, turn the A/C function selector switch to OFF and execute Self-Test Diagnostics for PCM.
- If the DTCs retrieved are related to the concern, go to the Powertrain Control Module (PCM) Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) Index to continue diagnostics. See: Diagnostic Trouble Code Tests and Associated Procedures\Diagnostic Trouble Code Descriptions
- If no DTCs related to the concern are retrieved, go to the Symptom Chart to continue diagnostics. See: Symptom Related Diagnostic Procedures