- Inspect the sensor wiring and the wiring harness for any damage that may have occurred as a result of the accident. Replace, as required, any damaged:
- Repair splices.
- If splices are required in adjacent wiring, stagger the splices 51 mm (2 inches) apart from each other.
- Use a waterproof butt-splice connector on any exposed wiring.
- A heat shrink nylon splice prevents water, salt, condensation, and heat from affecting the wiring service.
- The inner wall of the splice connector is lined with an adhesive that melts when heated with a heat gun and flows under pressure from the tubing, sealing the splice.
- The connectors can be crimped with a standard insulated connector crimping tool.
- The splices are color coded for gauge identification and are transparent to allow inspection of the finished splice.