Replacement of the Weld Nut and/or Reinforcement
- Expose the suspect anchor plate.
NOTE: If the B or C- pillar safety belt anchor nuts or reinforcements are stripped or missing, they should be replaced with a new nut/reinforcement plate.
- Drill out two 8 mm (5/16 in) diameter access holes adjacent to the weld nut clearance hole.
- Thread a length of copper welding wire through the clearance hole and position to secure the weld nut and washer.
- Use MIG Wire Feed Welder to plug weld a 7/16 inch weld nut and standard washer in place at the two 8 mm (5/16 in) holes.
- Metal finish as required.
- Perform the Functional Test. See: Testing and Inspection\Component Tests and General Diagnostics\Functional Test