During reassembly use a new side seat finisher.
The purpose of ACTIONS (above) is to give you a quick idea of the work you will be performing. You MUST closely follow the entire Service Procedure as it contains information that is essential to successfully completing this repair.
Follow all cautions, warnings, and notes in the Electronic Service Manual (ESM) when working on or near a Supplemental Restraint System (SRS), such as an air bag.
1. Write down all radio station pre-sets.
2. If equipped - write down / record the following customer settings for the ATC (Automatic Temperature Control) system. (Refer to the Service Manual as needed):
Temperature Setting Trimmer
Foot Position Setting Trimmer
Inlet Port Memory Function
3. Turn the ignition switch OFF.
4. Disconnect both battery cables - negative cable first.
5. WARNING: Wait for at least 3 minutes before removing the driver seat.
6. Carefully remove the driver seat from the vehicle.
Refer to the Service Manual section SE for seat removal procedure.
Use covers as needed to protect interior surfaces from being scratched or damaged.
7. Replace the cushion frame assembly (adjuster assembly).
Refer to the 2010 Altima Coupe Service Manual - SE Section, Front Seat Driver Side: Disassembly and Assembly.
During reassembly use a new side finisher listed in the Parts Information.
This bulletin contains additional helpful information for Seatback Finisher Removal (See below).
8. Connect the battery cables - positive cable first.
9. Reset the clock and the radio station presets.
10. Refer to the Service Manual for the following "reset / relearn procedures:
Power Window Initialization
Sunroof Memory Reset/Initialization
ATC Temperature Setting Trimmer (A/C system)
ATC Foot Position Setting Trimmer (A/C system)
ATC Inlet Port Memory Function - FRE and REC (A/C system)
Rear View Monitor Possible Route Line Center Position Adjustment (if equipped)
Steering Angle Sensor Neutral Position
11. Inform the customer they will need to "reset" their Automatic Drive Positioner.