PARKING BRAKE SYSTEM
LEVER TYPE : Adjustment
- Fully engage the control lever.
- Loosen the parking brake cable adjusting nut and fully release the control lever.
- Adjust clearance of the rear parking brake shoes. Refer to See: Parking Brake Shoe\Service and Repair\Removal and Installation.
- Depress the brake pedal fully more than five times.
- Make sure that no drag exists while rotating the rear wheel and tires.
- Operate control lever 10 times or more with a full stroke of 99.5 mm (3.9 in) .
- Adjust control lever by turning adjusting nut.
- Pull control lever with a force of 294 N (30 kg-f, 66 lb-f) . Check control lever stroke and ensure smooth operation.
Lever stroke (number of notches) : Refer to See: Parking Brake Control\Specifications\Parking Brake Control.
- After adjustment, check that there is no drag while the control lever is being released. If drag exists, perform the following: