Removal and Installation for Compressor - VQ35DE Models
CAUTION: For installation, tighten the compressor bolts in the order as shown.
- Discharge the refrigerant. Refer to See: Service and Repair\Refrigeration System.
- Remove the engine cooling fan and shroud assembly. Refer to See: Engine, Cooling and Exhaust\Cooling System\Radiator Cooling Fan\Service and Repair.
- Disconnect the high-pressure flexible hose and low-pressure flexible hose from the compressor.
Cap or wrap the joint of the hose with suitable material such as vinyl tape to avoid the entry of any contaminants.
- Remove the front RH wheel and tire.
- Remove the RH engine side undercovers.
- Disconnect the clamp and reposition the power steering pipe out of the way.
- Disconnect the compressor connector.
- Remove the drive belt. Refer to See: Engine, Cooling and Exhaust\Engine\Drive Belt\Service and Repair.
- Remove the RH compressor bolts..
- Remove the front compressor bolts using power tool.
- Disconnect the compressor wire harness clip from the compressor.
- Remove the compressor.
Installation is in the reverse order of removal.