- Disconnect both battery cables in advance.
- Disconnect air bag system line in advance.
- Never tamper with or force air bag lid open, as this may adversely affect air bag performance.
- Be careful not to scratch pad and other parts.
- When removing or disassembling any part, be careful not to damage or deform it. Protect parts, which may get in the way with cloth.
- When removing parts with a screwdriver or other tool, protect parts by wrapping them with vinyl or tape.
- Keep removed parts protected with cloth.
- If a clip is deformed or damaged, replace it.
- If an unreusable part is removed, replace it with a new one.
- Tighten bolts and nuts firmly to the specified torque.
- After re-assembly has been completed, make sure each part functions correctly.
- Remove stains in the following way. Water-soluble stains:
Dip a soft cloth in warm water, and then squeeze it tightly. After wiping the stain, wipe with a soft dry cloth.
Dissolve a synthetic detergent in warm water (density of 2 to 3% or less), dip the cloth, then clean off the stain with the cloth. Next, dip the cloth in fresh water and squeeze it tightly. Then clean off the detergent completely.
Then wipe the area with a soft dry cloth.
- Do not use any organic solvent, such as thinner or benzine.