FRONT DOOR GLASS
Inspection and Adjustment
If any of the following work has been done, initialize the system.
- Electric power supply to power window switch or motor is interrupted by blown fuse or disconnecting battery cable, etc.
- Removal and installation of the regulator assembly.
- Removal and installation of the motor from the regulator assembly.
- Removal and installation of the harness connector of the power window switch.
- Operate the regulator assembly as a unit.
- Removal and installation of the door glass.
- Removal and installation of the door glass run.
After installing each component to the vehicle, follow the steps below.
- Disconnect the negative battery terminal or disconnect the power window switch harness connector temporarily, then reconnect after at least 1 minute.
- Turn ignition switch ON.
- Open the window fully by operating the power window switch. (Exclude this procedure if the window is already fully opened)
- Fully raise the power window switch in up direction (auto close position) and hold, keep holding the switch even when window is completely closed and then release after 3 seconds has passed.
- Inspect the anti-pinch system function.
Initialization may be cancelled with continuous opening and closing operation.In this case, initialize the system.
INSPECT THE FUNCTION OF THE ANTI-PINCH SYSTEM.
- Fully open the door glass.
- Place a wooden piece (wooden hammer handle etc.) at near fully closed position.
- Carry out fully closing operation with auto up switch.
- Do not inspect with pinching a part of worker's body, a hand etc. Work carefully not to be pinched.
- Check that auto up function is normal before Inspection following the system initialization.
- Check that the glass reverses without pinching the wooden piece, is lowered approx.150 mm (5.91 in) or for 2 seconds and then stops.
- The glass should not be raised with power window main switch operated while it is reversing or lowering.
- Make sure the glass is securely set into the glass run groove.
- Lower the glass slightly [approx. 10 to 20 mm (0.39 to 0.79 in) ] and make sure the clearance to the sash is parallel. If the clearance between the glass and sash is not parallel, loosen the regulator mounting bolts, guide rail mounting bolts, and glass and guide rail mounting bolts to adjust the glass position.