Precautions For Xenon Headlamp Service
Comply with the following warnings to prevent any serious accident.
- Disconnect the battery cable (negative terminal) or the power supply fuse before installing, removing, or touching the xenon headlamp (bulb included). The xenon headlamp contains high-voltage generated parts.
- Never work with wet hands.
- Check the xenon headlamp ON-OFF status after assembling it to the vehicle. Never turn the xenon headlamp ON in other conditions. Connect the power supply to the vehicle-side connector. (Turning it ON outside the lamp case may cause fire or visual impairments.)
- Never touch the bulb glass immediately after turning it OFF. It is extremely hot.
Comply with the following cautions to prevent any error and malfunction.
- Install the xenon bulb securely. (Insufficient bulb socket installation may melt the bulb, the connector, the housing, etc. by high-voltage leakage or corona discharge.)
- Never perform HID circuit Inspection with a tester.
- Never touch the xenon bulb glass with hands. Never put oil and grease on it.
- Dispose of the used xenon bulb after packing it in thick vinyl without breaking it.
- Never wipe out dirt and contamination with organic solvent (thinner, gasoline, etc.).