CRASH ZONE SENSOR
Removal and Installation
- Before servicing, turn ignition switch OFF, disconnect both battery terminals and wait at least three minutes.
- Do not use air tools or electric tools for servicing.
- Do not use old fixing nuts after removal; replace with new nuts.
- Do not cause impact to the crash zone sensor by dropping etc. Replace the crash zone sensor if it has been dropped or sustained an impact.
- Replace the crash zone sensor of deployed SRS driver air bag and deployed SRS front passenger air bag.
- Disconnect the negative and positive battery terminals, then wait at least three minutes.
- Remove the cover and the air duct.
- Remove the center clamp screw for upper radiator hose and position aside.
- Disconnect the crash zone sensor harness connector.
- Remove the nuts, then remove crash zone sensor.
Installation is in the reverse order of removal.