C1734 CONTROL UNIT
An internal malfunction has been detected in the TPMS function of the BCM.
DTC DETECTION LOGIC
DTC CONFIRMATION PROCEDURE
1.CHECK SELF-DIAGNOSTIC RESULTS
- On SELECT DIAG MODE, select the SELF-DIAG RESULT screen.
- Check display contents on SELF DIAG RESULT screen. Is C1734 displayed in the self-diagnosis display?
YES >> Refer to Diagnosis Procedure.
NO >> Inspection End.
MALFUNCTION CODE NO. 53 (DTC C1734)
- On "SELECT DIAG" mode, select the "SELF-DIAG RESULT" screen for BCM.
- Check display contents on "SELF-DIAG RESULT". Does self-diagnostic results indicate any DTC other than C1734?
YES >> Perform trouble diagnosis for DTC. Refer to See: Testing and Inspection.
NO >> GO TO 2.
2.CHECK BCM HARNESS CONNECTORS
Check BCM harness connectors for damage or loose connections.
Are the BCM harness connectors damaged or loose?
YES >> Repair or replace damaged parts.
NO >> GO TO 3.
3.BCM POWER SUPPLY AND GROUND
Check BCM power supply and ground. Refer to See: Body and Frame\Body Control Systems\Testing and Inspection\Component Tests and General Diagnostics\Power Supply And Ground Circuit.
Are the power supply and grounds normal?
YES >> GO TO 4.
NO >> Repair power supply or grounds as necessary.
4.CHECK HARNESS BETWEEN BCM AND TIRE PRESSURE RECEIVER
- Turn ignition switch "OFF"
- Disconnect BCM harness connector M18 (A) and tire pressure receiver harness connector M70 (B).
- Check continuity between BCM harness connector and tire pressure receiver harness connector.
Does continuity exist?
YES >> GO TO 5.
NO >> Repair circuits as necessary.
5.BCM INPUT/OUTPUT SIGNALS
Check BCM input/output signals. Refer to See: Body and Frame\Body Control Systems\Testing and Inspection\Pinout Values and Diagnostic Parameters\Reference Value.
Are the inputs and outputs normal?
YES >> Inspection End.
NO >> Replace BCM. Refer to See: Body and Frame\Body Control Systems\Body Control Module\Service and Repair.
Special Repair Requirement
Perform preliminary check. Refer to See: Instrument Panel, Gauges and Warning Indicators\Tire Monitoring System\Testing and Inspection\Initial Inspection and Diagnostic Overview\Preliminary Check.